1. Barton, P. S., Cunningham, S. A., Lindenmayer, D. B. & Manning, A. D. The role of carrion in maintaining biodiversity and ecological processes in terrestrial ecosystems. Oecologia 171, 761–772 (2013).
2. Evans, A. V. Beetles of Eastern North America. (Princeton University Press, 2014).
3. Faust, L. F. Fireflies, glow-worms, and lightning bugs: identification and natural history of the fireflies of the eastern and central United States and Canada. (University of Georgia Press, 2017).
4. Firebaugh, A. & Haynes, K. J. Experimental tests of light-pollution impacts on nocturnal insect courtship and dispersal. Oecologia 182, 1203–1211 (2016).
5. Harmon, J. P., Stephens, E. & Losey, J. The decline of native coccinellids (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) in the United States and Canada. in Beetle conservation 85–94 (Springer, 2006).
6. Heckscher, C. M. & Bartlett, C. R. Rediscovery and Habitat Associations of Photuris Bethaniensis McDermott (Coleoptera: Lampyridae). The Coleopterists Bulletin 58, 349–353 (2004).
7. Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. The assessment report on pollinators, pollination and food production. 552 (2016).
8. Kelly, M. 2018. Reverse a ban? Review the science. https://thebeereport.com/2018/08/14/reverse-a-ban-review-the-science/.
9. Knisley, C. B. Anthropogenic disturbances and rare tiger beetle habitats: benefits, risks, and implications for conservation. Terrestrial Arthropod Reviews 4, 41–61 (2011).
10. Knisley, C. B., Kippenhan, M. & Brzoska, D. Conservation status of United States tiger beetles. Terrestrial Arthropod Reviews 7, 93–145 (2014).
11. Koh, I. et al. Modeling the status, trends, and impacts of wild bee abundance in the United States. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 113, 140–145 (2016).
12. Lee, K.-Y., Kim, Y.-H., Lee, J.-W., Song, M.-K. & Nam, S.-H. Toxicity of firefly, luciola lateralis (coleoptera: Lampyridae) to commercially registered insecticides and fertilizers. Korean journal of applied entomology 47, 265–272 (2008).
13. Lewis S. 2016. Silent Sparks: The Wondrous World of Fireflies. Princeton University Press.
14. Losey, J. E., Perlman, J. E. & Hoebeke, E. R. Citizen scientist rediscovers rare nine-spotted lady beetle, Coccinella novemnotata, in eastern North America. Journal of Insect Conservation 11, 415–417 (2007).
15. Losey, J. E. & Vaughan, M. The economic value of ecological services provided by insects. Bioscience 56, 311–323 (2006).
16. Sánchez-Bayo, F. & Wyckhuys, K. A. Worldwide decline of the entomofauna: A review of its drivers. Biological Conservation 232, 8–27 (2019).
17. Wang, Y. et al. Comparative acute toxicity of twenty-four insecticides to earthworm, Eisenia fetida. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 79, 122–128 (2012).
18. Wood, T. J. & Goulson, D. The environmental risks of neonicotinoid pesticides: a review of the evidence post 2013. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 24, 17285–17325 (2017).