1. World Wildlife Fund. 2019. No Plastic in Nature: Assessing Plastic Ingestion from Nature to People. https://d2ouvy59p0dg6k.cloudfront.net/downloads/plastic_ingestion_web_spreads.pdf
2. Ellen MacArthur Foundation. 2017. The New Plastics Economy: Rethinking the future of plastics. https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/publications/the-new-plastics-economy-rethinking-the-future-of-plastics-catalysing-action
3. Waste Management. Accessed 2021. Bags by the Numbers. http://www.wmnorthwest.com/guidelines/plasticvspaper.htm
4. National Geographic. 2018. Fast facts about plastic pollution. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/plastics-facts-infographics-ocean-pollution
5. Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Program. 2008. Plastic Bag Factsheet. https://www.sprep.org/attachments/Publications/FactSheet/plasticbags.pdf
6. U.S. EPA. 2018. Advancing Sustainable Materials Management 2015 Tables and Figures: Assessing Trends in Material Generation, Recycling, Composting, Combustion with Energy Recovery and Landfilling in the United States. Pp. 9
8. Ecology Center. Accessed 2021. Adverse Health Effects Of Plastics. https://ecologycenter.org/factsheets/adverse-health-effects-of-plastics/
9. ACS Publications. 2020. “Degradation Rates of Plastics in the Environment,” Pages 3495, 3499-3500, 3503. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b06635
10. Sasha G. Tetu, Indrani Sarker, Verena Schrameyer, Russell Pickford, Liam D. H. Elbourne, Lisa R. Moore & Ian T. Paulsen. 2019. Plastic leachates impair growth and oxygen production in Prochlorococcus, the ocean’s most abundant photosynthetic bacteria. Communications Biology, Vol. 2, No. 184.
12. Romer, J. 2020. August 2020 Bag Law Map Update. https://www.plasticbaglaws.org/blog/2020/8/17/new-pbls-bag-law-updates
13. Excell, C. 2019. 127 Countries Now Regulate Plastic Bags. Why Aren't We Seeing Less Pollution?
14. Greener Ideal. Accessed 2021. Life Cycle of a Plastic Bag.