Five Wild Picks / Plan Your (Green) Dream Wedding
Your big event doesn't need to come at a big expense to wildlife and the environment. From dresses to dinner options, the Center's Wildlife-friendly Wedding Guide is a how-to to help you plan a celebration that showcases your love for your partner and for the planet. Check out the complete guide online.
1) Calculate your carbon footprint. See how your wedding plans stack up with our Wildlife-friendly Wedding Calculator to help you better understand the carbon emissions associated with your big day.
2) Follow the crowd. Wedding-related travel can be stressful for you, your guests and the planet. Choose a location close to the majority of your guests and have the ceremony and reception in the same place to cut down on transportation.
3) Say "I Do" to a plant-based menu. Serving a vegetarian dinner can reduce your food-related emissions by 75 percent and uses less land and water than a meat-heavy menu. Everything from burgers to buttercream frosting has a delicious plant-based alternative available.
4) Get more from your registry. Gift registries may seem fun in the moment, but many couples wind up with a pile of stuff they don't need. Instead, you can use an online registry to ask for memorable experiences, services or donations.
5) Invite family planning to your wedding. Some couples barely announce their engagement before people start asking when they plan to start having kids. Before you plan the honeymoon, make sure you and your partner have had "the talk" about if and when you want to have children. Endangered Species Condoms at your wedding can be a great way to get your friends talking about their family planning decisions and help your family understand yours.
Want free Endangered Species Condoms for your wedding? Send us an email.