Five Wild Picks / DIY Endangered Species Costumes
By skipping the Halloween store and getting crafty with your costume instead, you can avoid wasteful fast fashion and the unnecessary packaging of store-bought costumes. And your wildlife costume can help start the conversation about human population growth and the extinction crisis.
Here are five DIY endangered species costume ideas:
1) Add simple felt wings to your favorite black outfit for a monarch butterfly.
2) Repurpose a veggie tray into a shell to become a loggerhead sea turtle.
3) Give beige-and-brown fabric scraps new life as a Mexican spotted owl.
4) Watch this step-by-step video to make a wolf mask.
5) Use basic craft supplies for a quick bumblebee (bonus: add spooky makeup to make it a zom-bee).