Five Wild Picks / Earth-friendly Holiday Treats
Just in time for holiday entertaining, the Center released an analysis showing that by replacing meat-heavy dinner options with Earth-friendly, plant-based dishes, you can reduce your event menu's carbon footprint by 85%, habitat loss by 93%, and water use by 72%. Read the full report, Catering to the Climate, and learn more about how serving plants can help save the planet.
Whether you're hosting a big event or a small gathering of friends and family, here are five recipes to help you throw an Earth-friendly holiday party:
1) Take your appetizers to the next level with this roasted bell pepper dip.
2) These oven-roasted root vegetables add a delicious seasonal comfort food to your table.
3) For a colorful main course, try stuffed acorn squash with cranberries and pecans.
4) Gingerbread pancakes are the perfect way to spice up your holiday brunch.
5) One Meal a Day has your dessert table or cookie swap covered with four classic cookie recipes for snowballs, macaroons, holiday spice and jam dots.